It is important that any incidents that could give rise to a potential claim, whether third party property damage or bodily injury are reported to us immediately you become aware of the occurrence. We recommend that you keep your own documented records of these occurrences for any future referral.
The following steps should be observed:
- Under no circumstances should you and/or any person acting on your behalf make any admission of liability, offer, promise or payment.
- If a third party indicates that a claim is to be made upon you, the third party’s claim should be made in writing to you.
- Observe and note details of the third party property damage and/or injury.
- Note names and addresses of any independent witnesses to the occurrence.
- A third party claim must be supported by written repair and/or replacement quotations, medical reports and other supporting documentation to enable your insurer to assess the claim.
A completed claim form and all written documentation from the Third Party should be forwarded to us without delay. Any long-term delay could prejudice your entitlement to claim under your policy.
It is important to remember that your insurer is extremely unlikely to consider any claim lodged against you unless that claim has been made in writing and substantiated by repair or replacement quotations, medical reports and the like.
To lodge a claim please call us on 0410 527 444 or 08 9228 3332