Entity Employment Practices Liability
Employment Practices Liability (EPL) insurance covers the insured company, its management and employees against claims for wrongful employment practices.
Where a Directors’ and Officers’ Liability policy only covers claims against individual directors and officers for their legal liability for wrongful employment practices, this policy extends cover to the corporation for employment related claims.
The policy can be written as an extension of a Director’s & Officer’s or Management Liability policy or it can be written as separate policy.
Wrongful employment practices include:
- wrongful or unfair dismissal;
- wrongful failure to hire or promote;
- discrimination and harassment;
- misleading representation or advertising relating to employment;
- invasion of privacy; and
- employment-related defamation.